Our Spring-Cleaning Guide to Cleaning Your Shutters
Spring-cleaning is in full swing and knowing how to properly clean your shutters should be on the top of everyone’s list. If you’re like most people and have neglected your blinds for too long, here’s Stanfield Shutter’s ultimate how-to guide on cleaning every type of shutter.
Cleaning Engineered Wood Shutters and Faux Wood Shutters
These shutters are like wood in appearance, but they are made of engineered material. Another added bonus to their appearance is their easy-cleaning. Follow these steps to easily-clean your engineered/ faux wood shutters.
1. Use a warm, damp cloth to clean your faux wood shutters
2. Then with a soft dry cloth wipe dry the shutters, so that no water spots will be left behind.
Cleaning Real Wood Shutters, Plantation Shutters, Basswood Shutters, and Knotty Alder Shutters
Perhaps one of the biggest problems people have with real wood or plantation shutters is cleaning them. But this quick and easy break-down makes it just that– quick and easy.
1. Dry dust your plantation shutters with a traditional duster.
2. Follow up with a vacuum brush attachment.
3. Wipe surfaces with a microfiber cloth and spray furniture polish.
4. Use a toothbrush and polish to remove dust from hard-to-reach spots.
5.Run a dryer sheet across your shutters for extra protection.
Caution: Do NOT use soap or water on plantation-style shutters.
Cleaning Vinyl Shutters
Vinyl Shutters are a great addition to any home’s interior. However, when they get too dirty they can be a pain to clean. Follow these steps to make your vinyl shutters shine like new.
1. Dust them as you would wood shutters, with a traditional feather duster and vacuum, soft-brush attachment.
2. As needed, use a soft bristle brush to gently scrub the shutters with the same mild detergent used on the composite wood shutters.
3. Then with a slightly damp cloth wipe the shutter clean and wipe dry with a dry soft cloth to prevent water spots.
When Cleaning Your Shutters Isn’t Enough
Despite all of these cleaning solutions, sometimes window shutters lose their lust and shine. Luckily, Stanfield Shutter Company offers a limited lifetime warranty on all their products. We carry all shutter types including everything from traditional to plantation shutters. Stanfield Shutter Company focuses on getting you the best shutters for your home.
That’s why with all of our shutters we use the most advanced and proven methods to mill, assemble, finish, and install shutters. This includes all our shutters including custom shapes for arches, angles, circles, ovals, octagons, and square/rectangle shaped windows.
So, when cleaning just doesn’t cut it anymore, choose Stanfield. Contact us today to learn more.